Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wandering brain

I thought Kissing the Rain would be right up my alley, being it is a teen read. But, I have to say the writing style of Kevin Brooks is not one that I am overly fond of. On the first page, the writing made me literally nauseous:
Bad= good.
Good= bad.
TRUTH=lies.
Lies=TRUTH
I know I have morsel of ADD built in, and that a good chunk of my students experience these symptoms and this style aggravated my already wandering mind.

As far as characters... Moo is one of my students. He is real. I was not teased in school--- I always had a friend or two, but I can see him from my own days as a teen and in my classroom each year. Brooks put emotion into him and I love that.

But, I swear this has already been a Lifetime Movie...

1 Comments:

Blogger bck said...

Everything has been a Lifetime movie. That channel tells it like it is, man.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home